Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cheated

I remember the emanating warmth of the sun
enveloping the world in his scorching embrace.
Illuminating the natural man-made elegance
of sooty factories and spacious tenements.

I remember the cool spring breeze with its long swirling fingers
stretching my hair in all directions
like an intricate sweater swiftly unravelling at the seams.

I remember the sounds of my loyal comrades
with their mischievous shouts
Echoing through the crowded streets of citified life.

I remember their battle scarred faces, smudged black and white,
together orphans, one and the same.
Urchins neglected, tossed aside with naught
But our memories.
All I have now is remembering...
For I was cheated.

Never ending progress of time slithered along
Squandered, month's transformed to years
Fleeting euphoria vanished.
Leaving me glancing back at the good old days
Forever out of reach.
Until my world has shattered under the harsh reality:
Life isn’t fair, sometimes you get cheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment