Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Deep Seated Hope

As the keys start to click on my keyboard, sorrow bursts from me in painful waves of angst. Filled to the brim with regret, and a fervent desire to change I begin writing. In an effort of escape my emotions mutate into droplets at the corner of my eyes. Nagging at every corner, every single inch of my insides, is the reflex to heave heavy sobs of torment. How did I get here? I demand! Where do I go from here? Yearning for release I ponder the answers to these questions. However convulted, warped, scummy, the enity my mind has become, buried down inside the answers lie. Deeply rooted into the core of my heart, there still shines an eternal light. One I feared long ago had gone out permanantly. The flame whose sole existence I questioned time after time, burned all the brighter. It was not until the point in which my life has never felt darker, not before I have never felt more alone, that I could feel those answers that beacon of hope blazing within me. It is the voice that echoes the loudest, resounding in commanding tones, STOP what you are doing! Accompanied by all its foes claiming that it is no fun. Trying to deny it very audible voice is extant at all. What shall you do? Are you going to continue to follow your foes? You know the road they will lead you down, you have experienced its dark, and slimy pleasures. You have felt the sting of its companionship. The vision of its thorny traps envelop your mind and appeal to almost every fiber of your being. However. their is a companionship exponentially more rewarding. You know who he is, travel down his path, take up your cross, and follow Him

No comments:

Post a Comment